David is an Asheville based Social Security Disability and Workers’ Compensation lawyer. He enjoys spending his free time with his wife and two children. The Gantts enjoy hiking, camping, swimming and traveling. David and Charise Gantt are UNC-Chapel Hill graduates. Brett Gantt holds a Ph.D. from NCSU in Atmospheric and Environmental Studies and is employed by the Environmental Protection Agency at Research Park. Carrie Gantt is a Duke undergrad and graduate of George Washington University Law School, employed by the City of New York Legal Department. Basketball games at the Gantt household are lively due to mixed allegiances in the family. The Gantts are proud of the beauty and colorful history of their Western North Carolina home. Among the natural wonders near the Gantt’s home are Mount Mitchell, the highest mountain in Eastern America, the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, and the Blue Ridge Parkway.
- Elected to a four year term on the Buncombe County Board of Commissioners 1996,
- Past President of Glen Arden PTA, Toastmasters speech club, Asheville Optimist, Santa Pal, South Buncombe Youth Basketball, and NC Trial Lawyer People’s Law School
- Past Board of Directors of Asheville Jaycees, Buncombe County School Foundation, Buncombe County Young Lawyers and 28th Judicial Bar Association
- Leadership Asheville 13 graduate
- Nominee – 1989 American Bar Association Pro Bono Award, NC Bar Association Pro Bono Award
- Member – Advantage Asheville, Chamber of Commerce, Council of Independent Business Owners Organization (CIBO), United Way Peaks, Quality Forward, Nature Conservancy, Blue Ridge Parkway Preserver, Coalition for Scenic Beauty