Representing Clients Who Have Suffered On-the-Job Back Injuries in North Carolina
Many different types of work can lead to back injuries. The problem many workers face, however, is that their employers or their employers’ insurance carriers challenge whether the back injury was caused by work or happened in some other way.
828-252-2852 · 800-273-4002
Social Security Disability
and Personal Injury Law
At David Gantt Law Office in Asheville, North Carolina, we have talked to many workers who have suffered back injuries at work, but who have been denied a workers’ compensation claim. Work-related back injuries may be caused by a fall, by a truck accident, by repetitive heavy lifting or by other causes.
North Carolina workers’ compensation David Gantt is certified as a Specialist in Workers’ Compensation by the North Carolina State Bar’s Board of Legal Specialization. This distinction reflects his ability to effectively and knowledgeably represent clients who have been injured in work-related accidents.
As a board-certified workers’ compensation attorney and skilled back injury lawyer, David has the experience and knowledge to challenge workers’ compensation claim denials. He will listen carefully to you, review the medical records and represent you in hearings to obtain the medical benefits and lost pay you are entitled to as a worker injured on the job.
We Represent Working People at Our Law Firm
Back injuries can be difficult to prove; normally they occur without any witnesses or immediate reporting. The burden of proving a back injury is always on the injured worker. Many workers have preexisting back injuries or impairments that often complicate new injuries to their back. Our law office understands the medical issues as well as the legal issues surrounding the workers’ compensation system. For over 30 years, we have helped hundreds of clients. Many of these clients had preexisting back problems that required extensive legal and medical development of their case. We have helped clients with herniated disc injuries, fractured vertebrae and injuries caused by physical stress and strains.
- Our past clients have included nurses and certified nursing assistants who have injured their backs while lifting and moving patients.
- We have helped truckers and others who suffered back injuries in work-related truck and car accidents.
- Our law office has helped construction workers injured in falls or collisions with machinery.
- We have represented manufacturing workers whose backs were injured by falls, by objects dropping on them, or by defective machinery.
- We have helped office workers injured by repetitive lifting and/or repetitive motion injuries or by falls on stairways or because of debris.
A back injury may mean some time away from work to recover or it could mean a permanent disability. Contact us for a free consultation. We take all cases on a contingency basis.