David Gantt Receives the 2017 Community Humanitarian Award
The David Gantt Law Office is pleased to announce that David Gantt is the honored recipient of the 2017 Community Humanitarian Award dedicated by the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Association of Asheville and Buncombe County. The award has been bestowed in recognition of his exceptional and faithful commitment to upholding the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. The award was presented on Monday at the MLK Day celebration widely attended annually in Asheville.
For his exceptional service to the citizens of Buncombe County over the last two decades, David has been honored to receive numerous civic and humanitarian awards, including:
- the 2016 WNC 11th Congressional District Democrat of Year – Liston Ramsey Award
- the 2016 American Planning Association – NC Chapter – Outstanding Elected Official Award
- the 2016 Champion of Buncombe County Animals Award – Asheville Humane Society
- the 2016 Minnie Jones Social Justice Award
- the 2016 Environmental Political Leadership Award – Sierra Club
- the 2016 Greenway Hero – Friends of Connect Buncombe Award
- the 2016 Leaders in the Law Award for his public service from Elon University and North Carolina Lawyers Weekly
- the 2015 WNC Elected Official of the Year – Mountain True
- the 2010 Stepp Labor Leader Award- WNC Central Labor Council
- the 2011 Environmental Excellence Award- Asheville Greenworks
- the 2010 WENOA Sierra Club Leadership Award
- the 2007 Citizen Lawyer Award, North Carolina Bar Association
- the 2007 Friend of the Blue Ridge Parkway Award
- the 2007 Friends of the River Award
- the 2006 RiverWise Award for French Broad River preservation
- the 2005 Centennial Award for Community Service, North Carolina Bar Association
- the 2005 Circle of Excellence Award for Community Leadership, and the
- the 2004 Charles Campbell Regional Leadership Award
David is a Board Certified Specialist in Worker’s Compensation Law, is the recipient of the 2017 “Lawyer of the Year” award in the field of Workers’ Compensation Law in Asheville by Best Lawyers in America and the David Gantt Law Office has been recognized as a Tier 1 Metropolitan Workers’ Compensation Law Firm for the Asheville metro area since 2016, and makes a return inclusion on the North Carolina Super Lawyers in 2017.
David focuses his practice in the areas of Social Security Disability, Personal Injury, and Workers’ Compensation. With over 30 years of experience representing injured and disabled clients throughout western North Carolina, David offers clients knowledgeable and compassionate representation as he pursues compensation and benefits on their behalf. David Gantt Law Office appreciatively accepts referrals in the areas of workers compensation and social security disability law.